7.1.07

Conterfeit Goods



I took this picture on christmas day in NYC. You can see the Lois Vuitton store closed (like the rest of them on christmas day), and a street seller with counterfeit Louis Vuitton handbags attracting passersby.

It's funny how people can pay maybe $60-120 for these bags when, quite frankly some look like they could come with a mickey mouse logo instead. I mean, those bags probably take $5 to manufacture in China. You probably get a better real-value/sale-price ratio buying the real thing, but, of course, they cost much more.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trashing counterfeit goods. I can't say I'm sorry for Lois Vuitton. Sure, it's unethical, but I couldn't care less is he sells or not. He's ripping people off in his own way too.

The only real problem I see is that you'll never know if that bag was made so cheap at the expense of child labor, because it's an illegal product that has passed no regulations. Actually it probably WAS made by children.

I guess the main issue behind this is that people just want the name, not caring about the quality of the product and if it means child labor well, they'll just look the other way... Everybody else does it.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque

Svaj Malizo - Design by Dzelque